I guess its safe to say my passport is definitely getting its use this year. I have hit Asia, The middle East, North America and now some Europe. When I go with my students, its a set up tour, where all I have to do is count heads, and keep the ball rolling. I kind of love and hate this way to travel. Well, let me clarify: Its a great way to travel for taking a large group of people. Its also great if you want to see a million things in one second. Its not my choice of travel, by myself, or with one or two others. Much to fast paced, seeing many things yes: but not letting me sit and breathe in the air, which is what I would like to do. When you move so fast you almost don't have time to take pictures...well you get the idea.
I have been to Rome before, when I studied abroad in Europe. A very different experience. Then we focused on the history as it related to art first, government and religion second. We sat and drew, and painted all across Europe, and likewise in Rome.
This time, i didn't get to see half of my favorite paintings and sculptures, and the artists were only lightly mentioned, although i did learn a great deal about Romans, and the Catholic church.
Did you know they have 2 popes on display, embalmed in glass coffins? I didn't even notice when i was at the Vatican before. I thought it was more creepy then spiritual.
Rome was literally a blur.
2 comments:
it does look like provo. how come i didn' get invited on this trip? i think it is time i was a fake high-schooler again for a day.
Everyone is invited always. You just have to be willing to pay, or recruit 6 people, and you are in!
Post a Comment