I feel it important to finish the tales of my travels before showing up for work tomorrow. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to road trip to Canada with Aislinn to visit her family for a week.
The Kelly's were GREAT and made Canada feel like home. We got homemade Granola every morning! We did Yoga at sunrise on the dock. We rode bikes around, ate sushi... which tasted like... well, i'll let Aislinn tell you what it tasted like. It was just very chill, and very nice.
Alberta is of course BEAUTIFUL! Green prairies intermixed with Technicolor yellow fields, with the Canadian Rockies off in the distance. Then because Aislinn is an Angel, she took me to Banff National Park- which I seriously think might be heaven. i thought the names were ugly, but the views-- well, lets just say the photos don't even come close to doing them justice.
We went first to Lake Louise which is the lake with the milky turquoise color. From there we hiked up to Mirror Lake, then further up to lake Agnes. Then we drove over to Lake Moraine, which has cliffs that I could have stared at all day and been happy, with a blue in the water, brighter then any I've seen recently. I would like to disclaim that while I did mess with some colors with my camera- any of the blues and greens are true to life.
At lake Moraine there was a cute hitchhiker that I told Aisy to pick up, but she chose to ignore me. He was probably my future husband. I guess we'll never know now.
We finished off in the town of banff which is very parkcity meets Jackson hole. We saw some more rivers and mountains and then the rain sent us home.
I LOVED IT!!
We drove home a few days later, a mere 16 hours-- then I hung out with my Family for one more day-- and drove the rest of the way home to Phoenix.
So I, in the past two months have ALMOST circumnavigated the globe, and I did some major driving North and South across the North American continent. I would like to say my travel bug is appeased for the moment.. but, I'll keep you posted of course.
4 comments:
we're cute!
and for jo's readers... it shouldn't take 16 hours to drive home. it will if the driver is a complete moron and completely ignores any signs or indications that she has gone the wrong direction for 60 miles. thankfully this same moron had a lovely travelling companion that took it in stride.
uh... i loved having you in my home and native land. i'm having jo withdrawals.
Great pics hoser. Looks like a beautiful place eh!
Just thought to find your blog through aisy's and see if you posted some pics from the trip - we were all keen to see some of those yoga poses!
Great slide show.
Love the pictures! I'm especially fond of your child model. She's a cutie and looks to have amazing genes.
I shoulda have you give me some lessons while you were here. I am DYING to learn Photoshop and what all the funky buttons on my camera do!
Post a Comment