Thursday, August 30, 2012
Ok, I like my job.
So after a long and very busy day- right before it got longer and busier... there was a knock at my door, and one by one a whole slew of football players sauntered into my classroom. Most of them current or former students. They all smiled shyly, and two of them were bearing gifts. They gave me a dozen roses and a lovely lovely plant. Sometimes it rocks to be a high school teacher. It was pretty awesome.
Ok, no, highschool boys dont' just do that for no good reason. I did the coach a solid last week and painted the football team a mural/mountain thing for the lockerroom for the season... so this I think was both their's and his thank you to me.
Coach calls me his favorite Hippy-dippy. I laugh every time, because hippy is so much funnier when you say hippy-dippy, like its a compound noun; AND because he really thinks that I am a "hippy-dippy". I told coach he should let me be capt'n of the team, and I'd let the boys paint a mountain. He must have thought of something funny at that exact same moment because he just started laughing and laughing and laughing. I'll ask him again next time i see him.
But for now- my desk is real pretty. Thanks boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment