My efforts were fruitless. After remaking my bed I laid back down, with Ice on my arm, since it still felt like it was on fire, to wait for sleep that would not come. Another effect of my little white plateau on my arm was insomnia. So I got on the internet to do some light reading:
Description of a Brown Recluse spider bite that I found: A blister in the middle of a target.
Description of a Black Widow spider bite: puncture holes in the middle of a red ring.
After showing the nurse and my biology teacher, I was immediatley sent home/to the emergency room.
The emergency room doctors didn't think it was any big deal, they said it probably wasn't a scorpian because I didn't have any numbness or pain in my arm. However, they also didn't really think it was any scary type of spider... just a mean-A something bit me good.
They gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way.
Then archie grew up. And I covered him up.
There he is, just peeking out from his blanket... just glowing... its weird...
Then Archie got REAL BIG, and he didn't fit under his extra large bandaid anymore.
Lets be honest, it looks like an egg yolk on my arm. ewwwwwww. But, no pain, redness gone, just really weird Archie hangin off my wrist.
Then I woke up this morning, (Sunday 19th) feeling like I wet the bed, nope... Archie died a violent but quick explosive death. I'm not going to lie... I put the far away picture here, because close-up, it is pretty gross. All the time me and Archie were hanging out, I was completely confused at what may have bitten me. But now, it really does look like the brown recluse spider bites.
So we will see if it heals or not.
I certainly hope so. This boiled mess of skin is NOT pretty. Although it does fit nicely under a bandaid. RIP Archie. It was fun while it lasted. I'll remember the good times.
I will also submit that after 2 years of living in this house I have only once killed a tiny baby spider in my entire house. I've never even seen another spider. I have also never seen a scorpian, and is Arizona, if you don't have scorpians, you don't have scorpians. I have also now cleaned and vaccuumed my room from ceiling to floor literally.... and found nothing but dust.
I am still creeped out by it. I was sleeping with my wrist right next to my face while I lay on my stomach....eeewww maybe I ate it. ;lakdsjf;alsdkfja;dkfjasdj chills.
5 comments:
WHOOOAAAA! Please send me a close up picture.
That is disgusting!!!! But I'm glad you're okay.
Oh no! I don't know what is worse... a)that you got bit by something crazy, b)that you might have eaten said crazy, or c)that you lost your siamese twin. Heal quick!
EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! So creepy. My body is squirming and getting the chills all over. Blech.
This is so nuts! That thing is huge!!!!!
Post a Comment