Sunday, October 18, 2009

kids...

A student says to me after I kick another student out of my room....."your really good with them" Who? "you get along easy with them" What are you talking about? "your good with them" Spit out what your saying- "Black people! You're really good with them. Most teachers just tell them to shut up and go away, but you joke with them and stuff" (riiiggghhtt)

There had been an incident earlier with a chair, where a student flipped out because he didn't get to sit in the chair he wanted. Angela asked me, "Which one was it?" I pointed and said, "The black one" My student who walked in on this conversation looked at me pleadingly, pointed to himself and asked, "Are you talking about me?" NOOOOOO. The chair silly. then we all had a good laugh.

"Look at this cool eraser, its like playdough" "Thats a kneaded eraser." I tell him. He asks, "Whats it needed for?" Yup.

"You're telling us a story today!?! I LOVE your stories! If they were a girl, I would marry them!"



"MISS! Did you hear the news this morning??!!!" (I brace myself for some terrible and intense news) "They said that the temperature was going to drop!! its going to be like 67 degrees on WEDNESDAY!" I said, " You realize thats only 3 degrees less then 70 degrees, right?" "MISS, THAT IS FREEZING!!!!"

"Oh, I see you like chinese lanterns...Me too" he says as he pulls out a miniature chinese lantern from some secret pocket that was big enough to hold a chinese lantern but small enough to go undetected.
same student: Do you want to see the SCARIEST PICTURE EVER?!! (memories of scorpian boy flash through my head, because scorpian boy (a boy from my junior high I taught at) said the same exact thing to me, with the same amount of exclamation just before showing me a photograph of what he thought were hundreds of orbs, although to me they looked like water droplets at night) YES! I exclaim. As this student produces a photograph that looks like water droplets at night and he beams: LOok at all the orbs!! (to his credit the photograph on either side of that one showed NO orbs in them.)

Same student: Well you see Miss Cook, I'm sort of a philisophical fellow. I think the purpose of life is to wander along your journey and learn from the great knowledge and experience along the way. I want to show this in my picture, by having a picture of me with my sword, because thats all I usually have with me. (don't think he doesn't bring a big plastic sword to school frequently, because you'd be wrong, he does.)

1 comment:

Jacki said...

Do you realize Scorpion boy is probably a legal adult now? That is scary. I hope he is ok inside of his head. And that he got over the orb thing.