My favorite Henry moment, if one must be chosen, would be when we were playing BBall and we were playing by the rules that he gets to shoot and score, and I get to shag balls. Well one of the balls I threw back to him came down upon his little fingers fiercely jamming them. He started crying immediately. Tears rolling down his lil cheeks. I ran over and swooped him up to hurry him inside to his daddy Barrett. I figured dad needed to fix this one. As I cradled him up a simple but kind of funny thing happened. The ball that had been laying at his feet got caught and it got wedged in between his legs. Noticing only slightly that his legs were now like nutcrackers around a basketball that had inadvertently and quite by accident been wedged there, I ran towards the kitchen, where daddy Barrett was cooking dinner. However as I passed the screen door, through his tears and sobs he tapped me on the shoulder and indicated that I needed to put him down NOW. So I did; not questioning his urgency. "Oh Henry! It will be ok!" I tried to console him. He looked up at me through bright red eyes and drenched cheeks and cried as he pointed down at the basketball still stuck between his feet... "JO! JO!" he cried as he pointed down at the ground and more tears fell, "Jo! ITS SOOO FUNNY! Its so so funny Jo!" and then the tears started turning into giggles although they went back and forth quite a bit because, it was really funny-- but man jammed fingers really hurt. Props to Henry who finds it JUST as important to laugh at life as immediately and important as it is to cry.

Me and Autumn got a special treat when the grandparents watched the kiddies so we could ride cruisers up and down the beach... it was AWESOME.


It should be noted that Laine likes flowers and pretty things. Which makes sense because she is a pretty flower herself. Thank you Autumn and Family for having me!
4 comments:
hey girl! it's good to hear from you. and good to see a picture or three. hope things are going good! take care...
I was afraid that you had given up on the blog world; you who convinced me to join it. I'm glad you got to spend some time in LA with good friends and funny kids. Love ya!
OH YAY! YAY! So nice to read about you and see some pictures! Lovely looking as usual.
Well I mean in a quirky sort of fun-loving way since the one picture you have your hand under your jaw and the other your striking a how about that face...
Post a Comment