Every kid awaits that magical morning when the news reporter tells them that school has been canceled! Usually due to snow. Although I have been scraping ice off my windows in the morning, phoenix isn't quite ready for a snow day...but we have our ways...
This morning was like every other morning, except I slept a little late. I still got to the school at a ridiculous time before 7am, so I wasn't slacking, however I thought it was interesting the amount of traffic that had accumulated and jammed up in front of my school. More interesting was the number of cop cars out in front with their lights blazing. More interesting then that--the fact that they had barricaded the bus entrance.....and the parents entrance..... the other bus entrance.....the exit..... the other exit..... and then, with a bunch of flares, they had even blocked off my back way entrance! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO GO TO SCHOOL IF THEY HAD POLICE IN THE WAY?! What was going on? was there snow inside the gates? Did gangsters wake up this early? were they cleaning up something from last night??
Trying to decide what I should do, I called my friend Julie, who works with me. "AWE, I should have CALLED YOU!" she says,"there was a bomb threat called in." And then Ben Stiller popped in my head, a scene from Meet the Parents when he's on the plane and he says something like, "It's not like I have a bomb on me."
and the stewardess says something like, "You can't say bomb on an airplane"
and then he starts singing: "bomb bomb bomb- bomb bomb ba bomb bomb"
So i went over to Julies house cuz she lives in the nei-hood and we sat and watched live footage of our school from a helicopters cam. We tried diligently to pick out the cars of our coworkers who might have come to school too early. And then, before 8 am, they were letting all the students back in. LAME.
The day was a bust, about 50% of the kids showed up.
Totally undramatic afterwards...
We all are to be vigilant and report any strange cases or bags we might see in the next few days.
It was almost a snow day...
...bomb threat day.
6 comments:
and that's how they do snow days in the hood!
luvs it
still can't get my mind off the mormon wagon. also, remember the valentine's day when we went to vegas and along the way gave valentines (were they barbie?) to everyone we encountered. i just told rob about that and he thought it was sooo funny.
ha! I totally remember that... i was thinking about that too. that was also the trip when you rubbed out my incredibly stiff neck, and Daryl called me, although he was married and asked if I wasnted to be his quasi valentine.... and we slept in a motel that was the best on freemont street. ha. its a good thing we didn't all get shot or std's from that place.
eww daryl. remember when we both figured out that we knew him. *shudder
I did get your message late on Sunday night. Luke and I are coming!! Yeah!! We leave SLC at 8am on the 21st and fly home on the 24th at 8pm. We're so excited!
I don't know if your into the tag thing... but if you are I'm tagging you. I would love to hear about anything random/interesting that nobody knows about you. For rules go to my blog.
Post a Comment