Sunday, January 20, 2008

"No you do it"

At walmart last night, me and Aislinn, who has stopped in to visit for the weekend, were trying to choose the best flavor of icecream. While we bounce forth and back, and back and forth from peanut butter to mint we were joined by 2 boys trying to choose out of our same display. They stood behind us looking over our shoulders at the ice cream, and then i heard the following conversation whispered in hush urgent tones, which I watched via the reflections in the glass...
"You get it"
"Why me? just grab it"
"No-I smell funny, i'm not going to 'just grab it'"
"i don't want to"
"look if you want me to buy it, you have to grab it"
"I think you should do it"
"NO! I smell funny and I am not going to reach up there and GRAB it!"
"FINE."
"Fine."
and with the whisk of his arm, the other dodged in quickly grabbed the cream and was out. hahahahaha-I should have turned around and told him we didn't mind if he smelled.
So thoughtful.

I am also going to include, but not expand upon at all a text that I think the majority of you will enjoy. I received it from my friend Brooke the other night it said: Jo, I am so proud of you for flirting so well!

7 comments:

Autumn and Barrett said...

shame on you jo! not for flirting but for refusing to expand. i know i hear enough "how i was mean" stories from you to be good and ready for one of the "i did flirting" variety. Expand!

Nicki said...

JO! hilarious story... it makes me miss our glory days together! hey, i'm soooo sorry that i missed you at christmas... life was absolutely ridiculous with the new twins and my whole family in town. BUT, I did want to direct you to our blog
http://brammerbunch.blogspot.com/
to see some cute pictures of them and read up on my birth experience. :) i miss your beautiful face!

amy said...

i'm with autumn. you know that refusing to expand just makes us die even more. jo, tell us! tell us pleeeeeeeese!

Nicki said...

Furthermore...

AMIE JO: YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!

The rules are: Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose 10 people to be tagged. Don't forget to leave a comment that says, "you've been tagged" on their profile and tell them to read your blog.

aisy said...

i'm sad that i was a part of that whole incident and had no clue that they were having that discussion behind us. i was too darn focused on what ice cream we were going to buy. by the way, we never ate our last cone on monday :(

oh, and since jo's not writing anything about the flirting... i will. she did flirt but with someone she's not interested in, at least that is what she told me. sorry jo. gotta help the other girls out on this one.

Jasmine said...

i thought you were protesting walmart after they accused you of being a thief.

Jo said...

Its just so DARN convenient and close!! DAMN.