Sunday, September 23, 2007

Once upon a time...

In a land called Eden, 7 beautiful girls lived happily together in a small house. This is commonly referred to as "the best house ever". Reaching the end of the year sadly they moved out following the path life had laid for each of them.
What seemed to be years later one of the girls, we'll call her "jo" had an interesting experience we will recount now. Some girls from the ward came over to meet and greet jo and her new roomies. Upon arrival one of the girls exclaimed, "I know you! Me and my friends moved into a house that you were moving out of. it was on 4th street." Jo while surprised at the exceptional memory of this girl was also flooded with joy, for the girl spoke of her beloved Eden. Happily Jo replied, "YES! I LOVED THAT HOUSE! Didn't you just LOVE it!?" The girl looked strangely at jo and said hesitantly, "well, we didn't live their that long, we moved out pretty quick." Astonished at this news jo could barely ask the question "why?" (I mean, why would anyone move OUT of eden?? it makes NO sense)
"Well" the girl began, "we didn't really get along with the landlord that well"
That made sense, Larry was weird.
"And because it was haunted."
Errr? Rewind. HUH?
Jo's befuddled expression must have given away the fact that she had NO idea what this girl was talking about.
So the girl continued... "Didn't you guys ever see the little girls?"
"Little girls??" Jo's confusion mounted, and stomach dropped a bit. She was pretty sure if someone was going to see a ghost it would have been her. She asked the girl to proceed.
"You guys never saw the little girls? The little girls that played in the basement? You never heard them laughing or running around? We didn't see them at first, we only heard them, but one night my roomate got home late and she went into her bedroom and 2 little girls ran out past her. She followed after them but they were gone by the time she got to the kitchen. They were always playing in the basement bedroom, we saw them a few times."
"Which basement bedroom?" Jo asked, pretty sure she knew the answer.
"The one with the beds up in the wall." Awe. Jo's old room. Jo's and Jazmines.

And they all lived happily ever after.
The END.

(This story has been told in honor of the up coming hallows eve... also in honor of the photograph that I recently found. It has not been doctored at all. That is the truth)

14 comments:

Jacki said...

Remember how you always claimed it was haunted? You knew. Plus, the little girls liked our company. They made it a happy place to live. They were a little weirded out by some of the late night couples downstairs, but they liked our break dancing.

Pond said...

Were the little girls part of the handstand club? I WAS!!!

aisy said...

so that's what a digital photography teacher does when she's not teaching. i mean, yah, that pic isn't doctored at alllllllll

can't wait to see your beautiful face SOON

Jo said...

Haha... jacki, i agree, had the new tenants been as good and entertaining dancers as we were they might have liked them more...

Pond, you ARE in the handstand club, you might just BE the handstand club... I think you should initiate sarah. I need to officially initiate arizona. But no, the little girls were not ever initiated, but good question.

Aislinn, how dare you suggest... Computers don't do THAT good a job.. i mean, we are talking genius status here, and that's how you can know that is real!

amy said...

im glad you are no longer intimidated by photoshop.

if you still have the photos that have acutal, bona fide, genuine orbs in them, they might be worthy of a blog note :)

Jo said...

Funny, just today one of my native students was showing me pictures she had taken... then she showed me one and with a bunch of glowing camera dots in them. She told me her people believe them to be spirits... I asked her, "YOu mean like orbs?" and she nodded silently.
Orbs. awe yes.

Jacki said...

I'm pretty sure the little girls were in the handstand club. If the following tenants were complaining about noise and laughter... it just makes sense that someone was doing handstands.

Laura said...

Beside the whole haunting thing, how could they not like Larry? I still think about Larry to this day....I think I remember laying on the living room floor with Autumn trying to peek out from underneath the porch door window coverings to eavesdrop on Larry in a conversation with another man. Memories.

It was a magical time. I am so glad that I was there for even a part of it.

I miss you, Jo.

Samantha said...

can we just take a minute here to remember the little mattress nook downstairs that i loved so much. sigh. i loved that house.

Jo said...

three cheers for Gay larry and those mattress nooks!! hip hip hooray! hip hop hooray! hip hip hooray!!

Autumn and Barrett said...

three cheers indeed. we definitely need an eden reunion...we can invite our young friends!

Jacki said...

Remember how Larry let us have that concert as long as we got the cranky old lady's permission? That was nice. I remember Sarah having a hard time deciding how she felt about having Larry as a landlord after Laura left. She said she had depended on Laura's opinion of Larry and wasn't sure if her own was strong enough. She likened it to getting a testimony as a kid. I also would like to say that the porch swing rocked! (ok, bad pun...)

Samantha said...

Hmm i did love that porch swing.

Jo said...

We all loved that porch swing. Rephrase: we all loved ON that porch swing. :)